Each year Indianapolis Business Journal recognizes local women who have demonstrated professional excellence and leadership in their careers and community service. IBJ first published a list of influential women in 1996. They included government and civic leaders and top executives in a variety of industries.
This year, as the list was expanded to include women from the small business community Lorraine Ball, founder of Roundpeg, Indy’s leading small business marketing firm, was added to the list. Other 2008 recipients included:
- Joyce Sommers – Executive Director Of the Indianapolis Art Center
- Melina Kennedy – Baker and Daniels, who I hope will run for Mayor in a few years
- Claudette Einhorn and Yvonne Shaeen – Civic leaders and community volunteers
- Susan Brock Williams – Purdue University
- Alecia DeCoudreaus VP General Counsel, LIlly USA
- Beverley Pitts President, University of Indianapolis
- Linda McCoy – Pastor, The Garden
- Teresa Lubbers – State Senate
- Kathleen Givens Lucas = Bose Mckinney & Evans
- Margo Lacy Eccles – VP LDI
- Melissa Profitt Reese – Ice Miller
- Ann Shane, VP Bio Crossroads
- Ann M. DeLaney – Founding Partner DeLaney & DeLaney
- Ellen Rosenthal, President & CEO Conner Prairie
- Sharon O”Donoghue Exec Diorector Business Onwership Initiative of Indiana ( The other Small Business leader on the list)
- Susan Williams – President Indiana Sports Corp
The Network of Women in Business, Indianapolis’ oldest and largest locally based women’s organization, announced today Allison Witmeier, Recruitment Consultant for Safari Solutions, will be the featured speaker at their upcoming Entrepreneur Special Interest Group Meeting, Thursday, November 1st from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Rainmakers, Indiana’s fastest growing business networking association announced effective immediately, Jay Cutler of DSLindiana.com will take over leadership of the Fishers AM advisory board. In this role he will provide direction and coordination of the activities of the Fishers group as well as providing advice and feedback to the Rainmaker management team.
The Network of Women in Business, Indianapolis’ oldest and largest locally based women’s organization, announced the following programs for the month of November, 2007.
The Network of Women in Business, Indianapolis’ oldest and largest locally based women’s organization, announced today Theresia Whitfield, President of Fletcher Communications, will be the featured speaker at their upcoming Women’s Forum Meeting, Friday, October 19th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Network of Women in Business, Indianapolis’ oldest and largest locally based women’s organization, is pleased to announce the recipients of their prestigious 2007 Networker of the Year and Businesswoman of the Year Awards. Bridget Gurtowsky of Arbonne International was named the 2007 Networker of the Year and Lorraine Ball, owner of Roundpeg, was named the 2007 Businesswoman of the Year. The awards were presented at the Network of Women in Business’ 4th annual Gala held at the Ritz Charles in Carmel on Friday, September 21, 2007.
Rainmakers, Indiana’s fastest growing business networking association announced today effective October 12th, Rainmakers Central will move to Binkley’s Kitchen & Bar in Broadripple. With this move comes a new name. Rainmakers Central will officially be renamed Rainmakers Broadripple.